Are you looking to replacing your mattress? Having a comfortable and correct mattress is essential for a good night’s sleep. There are many mattresses today on the market that fit any price range and budget. Mattresses nowadays are made from highly innovative and durable materials. There are a variety of mattresses to choose from, whether you buy them in-store or online. Here’s your definitive guide to choosing the mattress of your dreams
This is by far the first thing that most people consider while shopping. Mattresses are expensive, no doubt. A few years back, the only option was the stores that offer mattress at exorbitant prices. However, if you must buy from a store, these are the tips for-
- Take your time testing out different mattresses. In stores, there’ll be a greater variety to choose from. Dedicate a whole day to your shopping and choose after careful consideration. Utilize the trial period offered on some premium mattresses.
- Take advantage of sales offered in stores such as Black Friday sales or year-end clearance sales.
- Most stores offer to take your existing mattress and deliver and set up your new one.
- Don’t be afraid of negotiation. Stores tend to inflate prices.
In-store mattress shopping trends changed with the arrival of online shopping and e-commerce websites, with its effortless ordering and delivery process. And the prices are also very reasonable.
Here are our best tips for shopping online-
- Do your research and select a reputable site. The best thing to do in this scenario is to read fellow customer reviews.
- Mattresses of decent, durable quality generally start from 500 dollars. Take that as your marker. Be careful and don’t fall for big claims at small prices. A king-sized mattress below 500 dollars? That just means lower durability and lower quality.
- Similarly, a higher price doesn’t always guarantee higher quality. Mattresses are an investment and will be in a working condition for a long time. But this depends on many factors, such as care, the material used, how many people use it and their weights and its proper usage by the customer. A king size mattress will work a minimum of 7 to 8 years but that’s no guarantee. Finding a sensible and reasonable price for it is the key here.
Your ideal mattress material-
Based on each person’s preference, here are the most common mattress materials for you to choose from:
- Coils or springs mattress: Also called innerspring, these are most common and affordable mattresses you will find on the market. One of their best features is their durability. Innersprings have been around since the early 1990s. These are also excellent for lower back pain and neck pain.
- Latex Mattress: Latex mattresses are more environment-friendly synthetic dupes for spring mattresses. The material used here is latex rubber and they are generally cool to lie on. However, they are slightly more expensive than a spring mattress.
- Memory foam:This hugely popular mattress material was first used in NASA programs for safer cushioning in aeroplanes. The foam aligns to your body shape and the heat from your body will keep it warm throughout the night. These are highly recommended for people with lower back issues. These, however, cost a fortune and are not ideal for someone who enjoys a cool sleep.
- Apart from those mentioned above, there are mattresses also made from a combination of these three common materials, such as soft and firm foam, dense innerspring, pocketed coils and air-filled mattress.
Stores will often use sales tactics to lure customers, such as labelling mattresses as “orthopaedic” or “medically-approved,” there is no medical evidence to support these claims. Doctors might recommend memory foam mattresses for orthopaedic patients, but these are no replacement for the actual treatment.
Foam and latex mattresses are made from synthetic material and may trigger an allergic reaction in some people. Be cautious before buying these mattresses.